Saturday, February 18, 2012

from Seth on 2-18-12

I'll admit I am a horrible blogger.

When Courtney and I moved to NYC we promised our families and friends we would keep a blog going on whatever was happening on our “adventure”.
Well I can say one thing.. We are busy. I'm not sure we have time to spending writing blogs. Even right now I'm writing this from our Internship’s office.
On a different note, Courtney and I are currently trying to audition for anything we can. We just finished working on a project, a children’s musical called “Welcome to Tourettaville”. The show teaches kids how to deal with our differences and to treat others with kindness. It’s cute.
Courtney is still working at Ruby Foo’s and she loves it and hates it.
I am still working as an Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor for the Off-Broadway musical Silence! The Musical. For those who don’t know it is a musical parody of the film The Silence of the Lambs. You can catch the TV commercial on either TV or youtube (caution: strong language).
My boss at my internship has guaranteed a few jobs for me coming this spring to work as a production assistant for some musicals, so there is something to look forward to. 
I really love performing and being up on stage but for right now I feel my best contributions to the theater are in tech work. I need to take more classes, pump some more iron, and gain more weight before I can feel like I would be great on the stage up here. It is really a different world, and self-consciousness gets the best of us a lot of the time. There are still a lot of times when I want to go home to TN and I'm glad to say that I fight them because overall I am very happy I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment