Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer in NYC

With Court being in TN these next few months I have a lot of time to myself. Hopefully I will be able to start doing video song requests again. I'm making a lot of connections and such so maybe I can have some collaborations on some works which will be exciting.

Also the heat here really sucks. You don't have the open fields of TN for all the heat to expand. No the buildings and the streets keep the heat locked in the city. I can't walk anywhere without it looking like a just stepped out of the shower, with my clothes on. I would much rather NYC be Winter or Fall all year.

As far as theater goes, I'm still working for SILENCE! The Musical. Next week on July 17th we will be moving to a new location on Times Square  8th avenue and 42nd Street. Right now we are in the East Village at Performance Space 122 on 1st Avenue and 9th Street. This is really big news and it helps me out A LOT! The bus that we take from Weehawken drops us off at 42nd and 8th so I will never have to ride the subway to work again, which will save me almost $30 a week.

Recently I submitted for an audition for "Bound for Broadway N.E.W. Musicals" and I got an appointment. They do a series of staged readings that are on their way to a broadway stage. Unfortunately something came up and I was not able to attend the audition. Later that day I received a callback notice for a show in their series for a lead role. I was really shocked considering that I wasn't even at the audition. But they said because of my resume/reputation they really wanted to see me for the callbacks. I hope it goes well and nothing comes in the way of me going to the callback.

Other than that I'm trying to look for a second job. It's difficult up here because every business does all of their applications online. I hate that method so much, it doesn't give me the opportunity to hand in my application and shake the hand of a possible employer. And it really doesn't evaluate an individual to a great extent. A good way to push my buttons. Anyway, I do have a lead at an indie pet shop, which might be cool. People bring their pets in all the time.

I really want a pet.

-Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment